Friday, February 11, 2011

CHEESE POP CAKES







I used a small ice cream scoop and scooped up as many balls as I could, trying not to scrape the graham cracker crust into it. I didn’t want it to look ugly, you know. I guess, if I was going to make these on purpose, I would bake my cheesecake in a regular 2-3″ high cake pan and not use a crust at all.



I got 12 easy, from half of the cheesecake. I could have probably squeaked out a couple more, but I might have eaten a few sections of cheesecake along the way. Maybe.

I didn’t really roll these, but I did kind of shape them a little to make them more round.



And, then because they were lumpier than I am used to with the cake pops, I dropped each one in a small bowl filled with graham cracker crumbs and rolled it around to coat. This helped to shape them better as well.

Then, I popped them in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. (Maybe about 20-30 min. for these.)

While they were chilling. I heated up some chocolate candy melts in the microwave (30 sec intervals, stirring in between) and got my sticks and decorations ready.









Take your graham cracker-coated cheesecake ball and drop it in the bowl of melted candy coating.



Don’t stir it. Just spoon some chocolate over the top until it is covered. Then, scoop it out with a spoon and tap off some of the excess by tapping the spoon on the side of the bowl. Then, just let it slide right off onto some wax paper. Insert your stick and add any decorations. Told you this was easier. I didn’t tap these as much as I do regular cake balls because I was going for the Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooeylook that Jill O’Connor shows in her book.



Thanks for Being My Friends

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers